Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 4

       When Stefan Sagmeister's TED talk was presented to our class, it made me think of the limits I can acheive as an individual. Sagmeister's plan to take a year off every 7 years is pure genius. It helps him sit back and recuperate all his ideas throughout the years, while he is taking the year off he generates new ideas and puts them to the limit each time. I kind of started using Sagmeister's mentality to take off time and unwind. I find it relaxing, and when I come back to start on my projects i feel energized and new when I look at the work I need to complete. Take the apple project for example, when I started working on it the first day i wanted to do 10 at once, as i got to the fifth one, i started getting bored. When I went back to it a few days later, I had many fresh ideas and actually wanted to complete the task. This concludes as a rationale at the end of it, I got inspiration throughout the days I  did not work on it, and was able to create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment