Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 17

Little rant in the beginning of class really caught my attention today, since I never really thought of why people buy Apple products. My response, why not. It looks cooler than a PC, its fast, I feel connected with my society,  the graphics are amazing for designers, and the list goes on... 

Watching short films on what AIGA is, is really informing and I didn't really know about it till now. I would see posters and signs around the art building and would just brush past them. Now that I have a brief background knowledge on what AIGA is, I want to get involved and see what I can gain out of it and what I can input into the graphic design world. AIGA originally stood for American Institute of Graphic Arts, but now its considered to be known as Professional Associating of Design. The oldest chapter is the LA chapter. It was founded by 14 people in 1914. It consists of 22,000 members, 64 chapters, and most of which are college students. The benefits designers gain is a sense of community, a place to share info, understand one another and respect. 

All this information was presented to us through lynda.com, I urge everyone to check out this website, its very beneficiary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment