Seriously the question of what a designer is a question of controversy. Debating between a secretary of the English department can "design" a flyer and call her a designer is the right label. To an extent there is a design but it does not necessarily mean its done correctly using one serif and one san serif in a layout, or any other detail we pay attention to when designing a flyer. In class we agreed that design consists factors of unsightliness, desirable, commercially successful, viable, and adds value (sometimes). Ultimately, design creates visual communication that is pleasing to the audience.
The Sirken Robinson TED TALK was something I won't forget, he is a very intelligent yet comical speaker I have watched on TED. What I gained out his talk was that creativity is as important as literacy, people grow with creativity. He also brought up the obvious question I have always asked myself and others around, why is art/dance always on the bottom of the totem pole?? It's the creative things in life that make an impact in peoples life as well as the basic things like Math or English. Why not give the same emphasis to art/dance as given to the basic fundamentals, shouldn't everyone get that chance?
The Sirken Robinson TED TALK was something I won't forget, he is a very intelligent yet comical speaker I have watched on TED. What I gained out his talk was that creativity is as important as literacy, people grow with creativity. He also brought up the obvious question I have always asked myself and others around, why is art/dance always on the bottom of the totem pole?? It's the creative things in life that make an impact in peoples life as well as the basic things like Math or English. Why not give the same emphasis to art/dance as given to the basic fundamentals, shouldn't everyone get that chance?


No comments:
Post a Comment