Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 10

Game Day!!

Playing a game, and actually thinking of the concept of what the designers were thinking when creating this novelty game is difficult for me. At the end I suppose i was able to figure it out and balance the fun with the educational. The games I played were Catch Phrase and Cranium. Catch Phrase was confusing at first, my group tired a couple ways on how to play it, the first 10 min we played it was okay, and we were all going at a normal pace saying its a fun idea.. After when we googled on how to play with the actual rules, it was a very fun game. Very fast paced, pressured, it gave me anxiety at one point cuz I really wanted to win.
This comes to show that rules make everything happen in a game. When we put the boundaries to the game it made it all happen. When time was up, my group realized we were still playing and were really loud, cuz of how into it we got. Cranium was fun but it was too slow for me so I kept getting distracted easily. 






Looking at the new design for the game catch phrase makes so much more sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment